Professional Security Consultants (PSC) is immediately seeking to hire security officers for full-time and part-time positions at Eastridge Center, located in San Jose, CA. Candidates must be highly driven, have remarkable customer service skills and be available to work weekends.
– Security officers are expected to be observant and provide a visible deterrence to crime and disruptions.
– Officers assist guests, enforce rules and regulations, and ensure access control.
– The security officer’s mission is to maintain a safe, secure and professional environment by interacting with the public, vendors, client’s staff & other event support staff.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to the following):
– Enforce and comply with company policies, post orders and client instructions.
– Provide a visual deterrence by maintaining high visibility at all times.
– Conduct detailed observations of people and property within their area of responsibility.
– Provide detailed written reports of incidents that occur within their area of responsibility.
– Enforce rules and regulations of the venue at all times.
– Provide access control to authorized persons.
– Prevent theft of property.
– Conduct foot patrols or fulfill standing posts in their area of responsibility as directed.
– Verbally interact with other people within their area of responsibility.
– Contact their supervisor when a situation occurs outside of their training & knowledge.
– Contact law enforcement or emergency responders when appropriate.
– Must possess superior interpersonal skills and be willing and able to speak confidently and professionally in English with people or groups of people while representing the company and the client.
– Must be able to operate common communications equipment such as 2-way radios and cell phones.
– Must have exceptional written/oral communications, organizational and time management skills and be able to work alone or with groups of people for long periods of time both inside and outside.
– Possess a valid state Driver’s License or ID.
– At least 18 years of age.
– High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
– Possess or be able to obtain a CA BSIS Guard Card.
– Clean-cut, polished, and very professional appearance.
– Effective communicator (verbal and written)
– Courteous, flexible and have professional attitude under pressure.
– Flexibility to work various hours and days.
– Must pass skill assessment interviews.
– Remain free from illegal drug use.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.91 /hour
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school (Preferred)
- Security Guard (Preferred)